Saturday, April 07, 2012

just love

Quite frankly, there won't be much drawing going on around here over the Easter weekend. There will be lots of eating and drinking and laughing but not not much drawing. So I dug out this little portrait I made from a picture in a newspaper. It's one of those upside down portraits and although it looks nothing like the lady it was meant to be (Wallace Simpson!) I kind of like it.

Anyways, have a good weekend whatever you are doing and I'll be back with lots of drawingness next week. Tra!

2 comments:

Kaitlyn S. C Hatch said...

I recently read the Dr. Seuss biography. there's a bit from his youth when he is lectured for trying to do a drawing upside down. He's told there are 'rules which every artist must learn.'
This made me giggle as I often stumble across artists who are sharing their upside down work.

Way to break the rules you rebel.

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Thanks, Kaitlyn.

I love this little excercise. It never fails to be fun. The final 'reveal' moment when you turn the portrait the 'right' way up makes it all worth it.

That actually sounds like a book I'd really love to read. I must check it out. Cheers!